If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however, it may affect your use of the Site or products and services offered on or through it.
Collection of personal information
Personal information: The type of information we collect from you or third parties, may include:
- contact details including email address, mailing or street address and telephone number;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card, banking or other financial information;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- in the case of a Driver – profile images, a driver’s licence and other forms of identification, vehicle information, vehicle insurance certificates and background checks in including national police checks;
- preferences and opinions;
- the information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour;
- additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other information requested by us and/or provided by you.
Your use of our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your advice and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to enable you to access and use our Site and any associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- for analytics, market research and business development including to operate and improve our Site and any associated applications and associated social media platforms; and
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our services and information and about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing materials.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
Any personal information provided to us may be disclosed, if appropriate, to other entities to facilitate the purpose for which the information was collected.
Such entities generally include:
a. third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide a service such as (but not limited to) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers; marketing or advertising providers;
b. Any applicable or relevant regulator or third party for legislative or contractual compliance and/or reporting;
c. Any related entities of ours; or
d. Other entities if you have given express consent.
From time to time, these parties may reside outside Australia. Our contracts with these parties generally include an obligation for them to comply with Australian privacy law. However, you acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of personal information to these entities outside of Australia, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient’s compliance with the Australian privacy law in relation to personal information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the Australian privacy law by these overseas recipients. On this basis, you consent to such disclosure.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.